Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Playing blogger catch-up! =)

So to pick up where I left off...
Christmas!!!
December was a crazy month for us!!! Thankfully though because it was busy, I was able to bring in some side money and we were able to have a good Christmas! God always takes care of his people! =)
We had a Christmas program a few weeks before Christmas in which I sang my first solo since I was a little girl... We had a Christmas musical and I was asked to sing "oh little town of Bethlehem" Perfect song for me... lullaby-ish and quiet. ha. I even got told I sounded like Lambchop. =( haha
Then my family came in town and we had Christmas at my house. It was alot of fun being my house is less than 900sq ft. and we had 9 of us there. We cooked dinner {party foods: cheese platters, chips&dip, crackers&cheese ball, meatballs, pigs in a blanket and I made a bbq croissant wreath, also had cookies, peach cobbler and icecream} It turned out to be alot of fun! =)
Then on Thursday before Christmas, W.D and I decided to open our stockings from each other so that we would have our goodies to snack on for our trip to Kansas the next day. =)
Can you tell who's is who?
Im a life-saver.. he's quite the lemon-head! ;)

The next morning we drove to Kansas... we got there mid-afternoon, ate his mom's delicious chicken&sausage gumbo and then we went out with all the cousins and went iceskating. We ended the night with Starbucks and Cheesecake Factory! <3
On Saturday we had our first family Christmas reunion at his mom's side of the family. Lots of good food and fun people! =)


Christmas morning we got up {a little earlier than last year being I wouldnt let anyone take showers till we opened presents ;) } We passed around gifts and had a great time opening them! Lots of laughs at the fact we had wrote silly names on all the presents his mom and dad had us wrap from each other {from your baby's daddy to my baby's momma ect}
My sweetheart got to open my present that I had saved and saved for... snuck around, even had to stretch the truth a time or two. haha
Handsome with his new boots. <3

My creative bro-n-love decided to rub it in that he ate all of my favorite icecream before I got there... wrapped my present in the evidence. He saved himself from a life time of misery by letting me know there was a whole new tub in the freezer! ;))


A few of my goodies that I got from all of mine/his family...

We came home a few days after and then left the next day with the young people. Went down to Sebastapol Ms for a youth conference.


Happy New Year!!!!! =))

A few days later we packed up and traveled down to Mobile, Al to be with our good friends, The Reeves. Preached a service for them and then found our way to the beach for half a day. =)

We came home and started settling down. Seemed like everything was back to normal. Few weeks ago, W.d went to pay his ticket for the no proof of insurance... and they were closed. He went again the next day, closed. He called, no one answered... he tried several times to go get that ticket taken care of.. well when we got back from Mobile he called again and they told him there was a warrant out for his arrest and he needed to turn himself in. =o
Talk about scared. We werent sure whether to laugh or cry. Well lets say I wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry... he wasnt laughing! ha! We werent really sure what to do...
We called a few people and after being told to just go to jail... and im sorry dont know what to tell you... I decided to call my mom. My mom knew exactly what to do, got us a lawyer who got him a new ticket and got the warrant off his record. We went last week and took care of the ticket. it was like almost 8x's what we would have paid (not including the lawyer) but it kept him out of jail... and having it on his record. And kept us from paying a $3,000 bail.

yeah.

Oh the life of Amber has always been interesting. lol Now the life of W.D & Amber is like 10x's more interesting. haha But I wouldnt trade it. Not at all! ;))

Well thats it for now. Got yall all caught up! Love you guys! =)

1 comment:

  1. That's terrible about the warrant (after he tried to pay it and everything), but it makes for a great story!! :D

    ReplyDelete